What is Magnum French Bulldogs Health Contract
French Bulldog Puppy Contract & Limited Health Guarantee
The word "limited" is used because there are conditions that are very common to the French Bulldog that are not covered by this guarantee.
"Before I committed to being a breeder of French Bulldogs, I spent years researching and finding out all the information about them that I could and after all of my research I decided I was willing to accept and assume all of the expense and medical risks associated with owning them. I have made it my priority to only breed the healthiest and best quality dogs possible but that still does not mean I can eliminate all the common issues within these breeds. Our puppies have a one-year health guarantee, please keep in mind that a health guarantee is a not a promise that a genetic issue will never occur. It is a promise that tells you exactly what I plan to do for you if an issue arises. I try my best to health test my breeding stock, by doing regular vet visits, and health testing for the breed; But just like with people sometimes two healthy adults bred together can produce a puppy that is not. Even if you do not plan to breed, as a pet owner you must be fully aware that despite our best efforts to produce only the healthiest puppies through selective breeding and long-term evaluations that we cannot prevent all defects within these breeds from popping up. You as a Buyer must be fully prepared to endure the long-term care and vet expenses that come with owning these wonderful and truly unique little dogs."
Buyer declares that they have done their research on the breed they have chosen and are fully aware of the health risks associated with this breed as well as training and housing requirements.
Buyer understands that French bulldogs are extremely sensitive to heat and extreme cold and are meant to be INDOOR dogs only. All precautions should be taken to protect them during outings in hot or extreme cold weather. Any outside temperatures over 70 degrees, especially in humid climates, can be deadly to your French bulldog. Heat stroke can happen in MINUTES!
Buyer understands and is fully aware that NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON other than those stated in this agreement.
Seller guarantees said puppy, until it turns ONE year old, is free from any LIFE-THREATENING congenital defects related to the following conditions only:
1. Life threatening heart defects (heart murmurs must be a grade 3 or higher).
2. Neurological disorders.
3. Liver shunts.
4. Luxating patella’s (must be at least a grade 4 to warrant a replacement).
5. Severe hip dysplasia (must be confirmed by x-ray and be graded severe and requiring euthanasia or surgery. Mild/moderate dysplasia is not covered as it is impossible to determine if it is congenital or environmental. Environmental means through repeated trauma to the undeveloped joints through rough play, too much exercise, jumping on and off furniture and decks, etc.).
6. ***severe spinal abnormalities*** Most French and English bulldogs have at least one hemivertebrae, if not more. Replacements for spinal issues will be discussed on a case by case basis considering the quality of life of your dog, the opinion of your vet and whether surgery is necessary. (Please do not let your dog jump from high surfaces, as this can increase the chances of a ‘normal’ hemivertebrae becoming problematic). Hemi vertebrae found in routine x-ray that are not problematic will NOT be considered for replacement.
7. Any other LIFE-THREATENING CONGENITAL defects will be discussed on a case by case basis. Buyer understands that conditions not listed in this contract are not guaranteed for replacement.
8. Embark DNA health testing results show that All French Bulldogs tests show them as carriers with one or two copies of Chondrodystrophy and Intervertebral Disc Disease, CDDY/IVDD.
This is stating French Bulldogs body type. IT is not a medical diagnosis.
I have more information on my website here.
Buyer understands that the following conditions are very common within the French bulldog breed and are NOT covered under the Guarantee.
● Brachycephalic syndrome (breathing difficulties)
● Pinched nares
● Stenotic nares
● Collapsed nostrils
● Elongated Soft Palate
● tracheal hypoplasia (narrow trachea)
● Snoring (especially when overweight)
● Overheating/heat stroke (especially when overweight)
● Stool eating (as gross as it sounds it is very common in bulldogs)
● Entropion (in-turned eyelids)
● Ectropian (turned out/loose droopy eyelids)
● Cherry Eye
● inverted vulvas
● luxating patella’s (Less than a grade 4)
● straight stifles
● splayed feet
● loose hips/elbows (bowed/fiddle front)
● knuckling over (this is diet related condition)
● kinked, crooked, or inverted tails
● tail pockets
● hot spots
● interdigital cysts
● yeast infections
● ear infections due to yeast or allergies
● wry jaw
● crooked teeth
● excessive shedding
● difficulties in house/crate training (it is not uncommon to take up to a year or longer to fully house/crate train a French or English bulldog).
● Skin issues such as dry flaky skin (in most cases this can be fixed with a change in diet and adding supplements like Fish oil to their diet)
● Allergies (in most cases allergies are environmental. It is not uncommon to have seasonal grass, weed, and pollen allergies)
● We have found our French Bulldogs have less allergies eating the Life’s Abundance food.
● Buyer understands that MOST French and English bulldogs cannot swim well, and all precautions must be taken to ensure the safety of your bulldog. Anytime activities with your bulldog will include bodies of water or swimming pools the Seller HIGHLY ADVISES using a life vest! Better safe than sorry.
● Buyer’s Initial: ______________
● This Puppy is being sold into a PET HOME ONLY, the puppy is not to be bred, and will need to spay /or neutered. when your Vet Recommends when Spay/neuter is convenient for the owner and. Proof of alteration will need to be sent to the seller before the puppy is 1.5-year-old. Breeding this puppy will void this contract, and if the puppy is bred, the seller will pursue immediate legal recourse against the buyer and the buyer will owe the breeder $5,000 in damages PER PUPPY, and the dog will need to be returned to the breeder. We take this matter very seriously as puppies sold into PET HOMES are not intended for breeding and this is at the sole discretion of the seller. Breeding French Bulldogs is not an easy task, requires a reproduction Veterinary Specialist and can endanger the life of the puppy if not performed correctly. Buyer understands a puppy is sold at a discounted price because the puppy is intended to be a PET ONLY; breeders or those intending to breed do pay extra fees for full breeding rights. You also give permission for any photographs shared on social media or sent to the breeder may be shared on Magnum Frenchie Bulldogs social media.
Buyer’s Initial: ______________
Buyer certifies that he/she is not acting as an agent (broker) for another individual in the purchase of this puppy and will not sell this puppy to any mass-producing kennel (puppy mill) or business.
Buyer’s Initial: ______________
We promise we will be here for you and your new family member for life! But if you for any reason you have a negative experience with us, you are to not disclose private dealings on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Google etc. Posting negatively on social media will void our contract.
We ask if a problem arises that you follow this contract, as it is in place for when things do not go as planned.
Buyer’s Initial: _______________All Magnum French Bulldog puppies are health checked by our veterinarian within 14 days of purchase date. The wellness check document is included and part of this contract. Any minor health issue(s) or defect(s) found during our vet’s examination of the puppy you have selected will be disclosed to you. If there are minor issues, you will have the option of passing on this puppy and waiting for another litter, of having your deposit refunded, or of accepting this puppy with the known issue(s).
Magnum French Bulldogs LIMIT OF REFUND LIABILITY: (1) If no later than 3 days after purchasing this puppy from Magnum French Bulldogs: The purchaser has the dog examined by a veterinarian and the examination (including at least one snap test and a lab analysis) reveals that the dog has contracted:
(a) Parvo. * Parvo Virus is considered “ubiquitous” (existing or being everywhere at the same time: constantly encountered: widespread) and can infect a dog or puppy in any environment. Common incubation time is 3-7 days. Therefore, after 5 days we consider any infection of the puppy to be the sole responsibility of the purchaser. At the expense of the Buyer, this puppy should be examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours of possession to VALIDATE the Health Guarantee. Proof of the Health Exam (a receipt for office exam will suffice) from the Buyer's veterinarian dated no more than 48 hours from the date of said puppy left the Seller's possession MUST be emailed/mailed to the Seller immediately following the exam or the Guarantee is VOID. If a copy of the Health Exam is not received within 14 days of the date said puppy left the Seller's possession this Health Guarantee is VOID.
Should said puppy be found to be in ill health during the veterinarian exam, the cause of which is clearly attributable to the Seller, the puppy may, upon a written and conclusive diagnosis and a description of the puppy in question from a veterinarian, be returned to the Seller for another puppy of equal value when one is available. Buyer understands that once the puppy leaves the Seller's possession there are some common conditions that can affect puppies that are NOT COVERED under this guarantee. Coccidiosis (Coccidia), giardia, and kennel cough (upper respiratory) are not covered in this contract, all of which can be common in puppies, and neither are life threatening and are easily treated. Seller HIGHLY recommends you (the Buyer) do not place your puppy on the ground in public places until their immune system is better developed after 18 weeks of age. We also HIGHLY recommend you do NOT visit dog parks/doggie day cares.
These places are breeding grounds for disease and illness even for vaccinated adult dogs!
Buyer understands that there MUST BE A CONCLUSIVE DIAGNOSIS in writing from the Buyer's veterinarian to Magnum French Bulldogs Veterinarian. before a replacement puppy will be offered for any congenital defect or condition listed in this contract. A speculative or inconclusive diagnosis WILL NOT warrant a replacement puppy from the Seller. No Exceptions!
Magnum French Bulldogs is not responsible for Veterinarian Bills unless authorized by Magnum French Bulldogs.
(b) Intestinal Parasites or Bacteria Including Coccidia and Giardia. These are considered common occurrences found in puppies until their immune system matures.
Like most other animals, dogs are plagued by a wide variety of internal (such as roundworms, whipworm, hookworm, and heartworm) and the external parasites (such as fleas, ticks, ear mites and mange). Unfortunately , many of these parasites have a complex life cycles which enable them to survive even in the best-kept households.
Puppies can contract any of these diseases from any environment. We take precautions to avoid these conditions and require that you do the same in preparing your home and after receiving your puppy
(1) If No later than one year after purchasing this puppy from Magnum French Bulldogs The purchaser has the dog examined by a veterinarian and the examination reveals that the dog has a life threatening genetic or hereditary disease or defect. Magnum French Bulldogs does not guarantee against any condition which is not 100% conclusively hereditary. (3) To qualify for a refund for disease or disorder as stated above: The purchaser, no later than four business days after the dated veterinary examination that revealed the disease or disorder, must:
(a) Provide Magnum French Bulldogs with a dated written statement by the examining veterinarian that the dog has a Life-threatening disease or congenital defect, also any radiographs, lab analysis, all case notes, etc. as it pertains to said condition.
(b) Provide Magnum French Bulldogs with proof of the sale, including but not limited to, the date of sale. (c) Upon a mutual agreement of the purchaser and Magnum French Bulldogs: Magnum French Bulldogs may seek a second opinion from a veterinarian of our choosing.
(4) If your puppy dies during the one-year guarantee period, and you believe it is the result of a defect or illness covered under this guarantee, you will pay for a necropsy (autopsy) to ascertain the precise reason for the death. Upon determination of a genetic disorder or a severe illness diagnosed at the time of delivery, your puppy will be replaced with a puppy of equal quality, at our discretion, when we have one available. You are responsible for all shipping costs related to the replacement puppy. Magnum French Bulldogs does not do refunds. We may offer the purchaser a replacement puppy of equal value.
before a replacement puppy will be offered. Shipping costs/transportation for a replacement puppy are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Buyer understands and agrees that the Seller is not responsible for any veterinary medical expenses incurred by the Buyer once said puppy has left possession of the Seller.
This contract does NOT cover: ANY condition caused by insufficient care of the puppy after you have responsibility for it. This contract does not cover injuries, illnesses, or debilitating disorders that result from accidents, neglect, or improper care, including injuries sustained from a jump or fall from an excessive height or from excessive exertion or stress, especially in hot weather. You, the owner, agree to provide quality food, adequate shelter (the French Bulldog is primarily an inside dog and does not tolerate excessive heat or cold), regular vet checks, and age appropriate vaccinations and deworming (including heartworm medication) and other medication as determined by a qualified vet. Failure to provide proper care for your French Bulldog will void this warranty. Frenchie’s generally do not swim and do not tolerate exertion and stress as well as non-brachycephalic breeds.
(3) It is your responsibility to safeguard the puppy’s health and immediately provide medical treatments for it when needed. Also, you agree that you have received a written health record at the time of sale from Magnum French Bulldogs that has recorded
All sales are final and irreversible with the only exceptions being those as stated above. Both the seller and the purchaser agree that this contract and sale of this puppy is under the jurisdiction of the state of Idaho, the county of Bonner.
I THE PURCHASER, HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE CONTRACT. I THE PURCHASER HAVE RECEIVED GENERAL AND BREED SPECIFIC CARE INSTRUCTIONS - AKA
This contract does not cover neglect, improper care, abuse or accidents that may result in life-threatening conditions or death. The buyer agrees to keep the puppy away from dog parks, grassy areas, pet stores, etc., until the puppy is at least 18 weeks of age and has received final vaccinations. The buyer assumes responsibility for protecting the puppy from loss, theft, danger, neglect and abuse. The buyer agrees to provide puppy with routine preventive care and follow a veterinarian guideline for vaccination and deworming protocol. Buyer agrees to provide high quality care, food, and shelter to the puppy for the remainder of its natural life. Buyer promises to keep the puppy in a proper manner and provide appropriate care and socialization. Said puppy shall not be kept permanently in a crate or in a small confined area where it is unable to achieve proper exercise and socialization needed for the health and well-being of said puppy. If the buyer no longer has the ability or financial means to provide these things the buyer agrees to contact the seller and give the seller an opportunity to take the puppy back into the care of the seller, at no charge to the seller. Seller agrees to pay for all transportation costs involved in returning the puppy. Buyer agrees that the dog is not purchased for resale nor will it be used or trained for activities which are illegal or for which it is not suited by reason of temperament or conformation. Specifically, it will NOT be used as a guard or attack dog or to hunt or fight other animals. The Buyer agrees that he/she will not sell, transfer ownership or possession of the puppy or any of his/her progeny to any person or organization whose intent it is to resell (pet store), trade, give away the dog, or use it in any experiments, laboratory or otherwise or to use it as breeding stock for a puppy mill. This dog cannot be sold or given away without written permission from Seller. If this dog should ever be unable to be kept by Purchaser, the Seller should be notified immediately. Any warranties or guarantees offered to the original buyer are not transferable.
Buyer’s Initial: ______________
The puppy is not guaranteed to be show quality, breed-able, adult size, color, hair coat, temperament or trainability of puppy and is further understood that there’s no guarantee or representation that has been made with respect to the sold puppy except as set forth in writing in this agreement. We guarantee that the above puppy is a purebred French Bulldog.
Buyer's Initial: ______________
Buyers are required to sign a contract prior to puppy being shipped or picked up. Buyers that require puppy to be shipped can request to receive contract by e-mail or by mail. be sent. One copy needs to be signed/dated/and returned to seller in a timely manner either by mail or email. Failure to return signed contract to seller prior to puppy's ship out date will result in cancellation of this contract, which means the buyer will forfeit any right to compensation from seller, ever.
If the Buyer is unable to meet for delivery or pickup their pup by 12 weeks of age the Buyer agrees to pay a boarding fee of $10 PER DAY that the puppy remains in the Seller's possession beyond 12 weeks of age to cover care and expenses of said puppy, up to 30 days. If the Buyer fails to pay for shipping, meet for delivery, or pickup said puppy after 30 days of boarding the Buyer agrees to forfeit their deposit and said puppy may then be resold by the Seller.
By signing this agreement, you are waiving your right to a jury or bench trial and you are agreeing to arbitrate all claims arising or related to your puppy purchased from Magnum French Bulldogs. It is further understood the buyer will be responsible for all fees for the arbitration. The arbitration will also take place in Spirit Lake, Idaho.
Buyer’s Initial: ______________
9. It is understood, this contract ONLY applies to the original buyer and is NON transferable.
Buyer’s Initial: ______________
Here in termed the Buyer, on _______________________________: Hereby enter into and agree to abide by the terms set forth herein and consider this to be a legal and binding contract. By signing below, you understand the conditions of this contract.
Buyer’s Signature Print Date
____________________________ Seller’s Signature Print Date
This is a legal and binding contract you are signing. Legal action can be taken if not fulfilled.
“REQUIRED READING PAGES” (ONLINE/ VERBAL/ PRINTED), AND UNDERSTAND THE CARE THAT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL PUPPY, AND I AGREE TO PROVIDE IT.
BREED:- French Bulldog
SEX:- PUPPY I.D.
24hr Pet Watch 1-866-597-2424
Name : ( )
AMOUNT PAID FOR DOG: $
SPECIAL DISCLOSURES: The next Vaccines are due on or before
Please see worm & Vaccine record below.
Food is a very important aspect to caring for your new Family member. Never feed your French Bulldog table scraps or people food. We do not Recommend Grain free or a raw diet!!
Over the years we have used several foods for Our Frenchie’s.
We have found our Frenchie’s have flourished on the Life’s Abundance food.
21 years and no recalls, their Vet Formulated food has probiotics, and prebiotics. Their food is made in small batches in Ohio and then shipped directly to you, so it is fresher, healthier, and safer. If they have ever had a recall or problem, they have your contact information.
All our Frenchie’s eat the small breed/ puppy food with fish oil on their food several times a week. We recommend you feed your puppy Small breed puppy food for up to 12 months and then switch them to All Life Stages food.
Your Puppy is Eating Life’s Abundance Small Breed Puppy.
Please talk to your Veterinarian about heartworm, and fleas if applicable in your area. Idaho does not have heartworms or fleas